Passport Acceptance Hours
(No appointments necessary)
Election Center, Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Note: For preprinting an application or for additional information from the National Passport Agency, please refer to the travel.state.gov website. You may pick up an application during normal business hours at our Richmond office.
What to bring
• Yourself OR child and BOTH parents if passport is for a child age 15 or under
• Certified birth certificate from the state where you were born
• Valid photo identification (If you don't live in Kentucky, you will need 2 forms of ID)
• Passport photos (We can take your passport photo for an additional fee of $10.)
• Paperwork must be completed
• A check for payment of the application fee (necessary for each application; make payable to US Department of State)
• Processing fee of $25.00 payable to Madison County Clerk
• Routine processing takes 6 weeks for processing and return.
• Cost is $110.00 for passport book age 16 and up and is valid for 10 years.
• Children age 15 and under, the cost is $80.00 and passport book is valid for 5 years.
Expedited processing takes three (3) weeks for processing:
Cost is $185.45 for adult passport ($110.00 + $60.00 expedite fee + $15.45 overnight delivery fee once passport is completed)
Cost is $155.45 for children 15 and under for passport ($80.00 + $60.00 expedite fee + $15.45 overnight delivery fee once passport is completed