Board of Elections, Responsibilities, Meetings
By statute, the Board of Elections is comprised of four voting members: the Madison County Clerk, the Madison County Sheriff, an appointed representative for the Republican Party and an appointed representative for the Democratic Party.
The current Board of Elections members are:
- Madison County Clerk Kenny Barger
- Madison County Sheriff Mike Coyle
- Democratic Representative Estelle Bayer
- Republican Representative Ellen McWhorter Stone
Board of Elections Meetings:
The Board of Elections meets monthly at 1:00 pm ET on the fourth Thursday of the month in the Madison County Fiscal Courtroom. Meetings are open to the public. Please refer to the calender for specific dates for 2017.
Responsibilities of the County Board of Elections: The Madison County Board of Elections oversees the election process for Madison County.
- Administering election laws
- Establishing precinct boundaries
- Appointment of election officers
- Securing and inspect all voting locations
- Examining all machines that will be used for the election
- Counting absentee ballots on Election Day
- Certifying election results to the Secretary of State
- Issuing Certificates of Election to local candidates