Mobile homes are often transferred in the same manner as vehicles except proof of insurance is not required.
To transfer ownership of a mobile home the following documents are required:
- Kentucky Certificate of Title, clear of all liens, with assignment portion properly completed by the buyer and the seller.
- Application for title/registration (TC96-182) may be required.
- Social Security Numbers for each party appearing on the title or Federal ID Number for companies.
- If the Mobile Home has been moved, a State Fire Marshal inspection is required. To contact the State Fire Marshall, visit their website at http://dhbc.ky.gov/sfm/Pages/default.aspx
- If the mobile home has NOT been moved, the Affidavit for Previously Owned Manufactured/Mobile Homes must be signed and notarized by the seller.
|Application for Title/Registration TC 96-182|
|Affidavit of Previously Owned|
Mobile Home - Conversion to Real Estate
Mobile homes permanently attached to real estate may now be converted to real estate. Once the Mobile Home has been converted, the title is surrendered and can not be re-issued.
The Kentucky Certificate of Title (clear of all liens) must be surrendered to the County Clerk and junked for $1.00. An Affidavit of Conversion to Real Estate along with a copy of Certificate of Title is filed in the Deed Room of the County Clerk's Office for a $15.00 recording fee.